I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

**Interlude 5 - He threshes you to free you, he grinds you to whiteness

Fabien

**Interlude 5 - He threshes you to free you, he grinds you to whiteness

Post  Fabien on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:47 am

The day had ebbed away in unremarkable stillness. Fabien had slept undisturbed upon the vampire’s sheets, his breathing low and heavy, his dreams too vague and uncomplicated to cause distress.  It was perhaps one of the better nights he had spent under his host’s roof. It was only when the golden light of day had already begun to wane behind the rooftops that the boy began to stir.

The first bite of chill evening air passed over his unclothed skin, rousing the urchin awake with a shiver. A soft sigh parted his lips as he stretched his thin limbs, and worked his sleep-stiffened joints with a murmur of enjoyment.

The boy’s dark eyes blinked slowly open, and the room shifted into focus. He became briefly disorientated by his strange and unfamiliar surroundings. He was greeted not by bland murkiness of his windowless room, but a vibrant, crimson light that bestowed everything with an ethereal glow. The cold air set the curtains shivering once more, and the whole room suddenly seemed like something alive and heaving. The youth’s chest tightened and his limbs twitched with fright, forcing him to sharply turn his head.

It was then his eyes fell upon the vampire.

The boy’s expression, at first startled and unhappy, softened at the sight of the owner whose bed he occupied. The urchin had spent the night pressed affectionately into his side, curled against him as though they had been lovers for many, many winters. Even now, his head was tucked into the hollow of his neck and shoulder, one pale arm stretched luxuriantly across his bare chest with audacious familiarity.

Fabien began the slow task of untangling himself from his host’s long limbs.  When he had created some space between their bodies, his dark eyes eagerly examined the sleeping vampire. The sight of him at rest, his skin rich and gleaming in the crimson light, caused the boy’s skin to heat. With his heart beating fiercely, the boy dared to brush aside strands of hair that spilled milk white over his companion’s dark skin. He carefully traced the gleaming scar at the vampire’s throat, before he turned aside and sat upright on the edge of the bed.

With a soft sigh, the boy’s hands moved to sweep aside knotted hair which curled and twisted over his eyes. He shrugged his shirt back over his scrawny shoulders, the fabric left unbuttoned and open at his chest.  Then he bent to gather the rest of his clothing, from where it lay in a crumpled heap beside the vampire’s bed.

With his trousers clutched in one hand, the boy began to study the vampire's room with renewed interest.He lingered by one of the wooden post’s of his host’s bed, curling his arm around the polished beam as he regarded the strange collection of objects on the vampire’s desk.  

The boy took a hesitant step closer, and may have continued to approach, had not dull sounds of life beyond the curtain captured his attention. The boy turned to where the fabric  danced tantalizingly, and almost at once he was lured to where he could smell the evening air.

He edged closer, balancing from one foot to the next as he struggled into his clothing.  When still only half dressed, and clutching at his oversized waistband, his fingers stretched fourth to grasp and carefully ease the curtains aside. Unless disturbed, he was sure to sweep the fabric back, desperate to steal a glimpse of the world beyond the vampire’s chamber.

Last edited by Fabien on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tariq
    Admin

Re: **Interlude 5 - He threshes you to free you, he grinds you to whiteness

Post  Tariq on Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:06 am

The vampire’s room was bloody in the fading light; a life-flushed egg candled by the point of the sun. The smeared bands of rich purple winding through the scarlet fabric pulsed like swollen veins in the sweet evening breeze. The effect was altogether disconcerting and it was little wonder the boy had awoken in confusion.

Tariq had not relinquished his jealous clasp on his companion, and they had slept as close as intertwined foxes in a burrow of earth. His breaths came deep and even. If he dreamt, the images did not etch into the furrow of his brow or the quirk of his lips. He was serene and quiet, his cool skin warmed only where he greedily stole the urchin’s body heat.

He slept uncannily like the dead.

He did not awake in fits and starts, or with a delicious shivering of limbs and gradual return to the world of the living. When Fabien stirred against him, he awoke at once, clarity returning to him without a film of haziness to obscure it. His fingers twitched, his pale eyelashes stirring, but his eyes remained closed.

The muscles of his neck stiffened at the brush of the boy’s expressive fingers on the silver filament of his scars. He sucked in a gentle breath. When it left his lips, the tension in his throat relaxed, the muscles softening beneath the curious press of those conjuror’s fingertips.

The vampire remained still and silent as the urchin turned away, his ashen hair curling in tranquil strands beneath his skull. His heart was beating in his throat.

It wasn’t until the boy began to study his room that his host stirred, rousing himself from his restful repose with a rattling of old bones and a dry whisper of breath. His movements were remarkably noiseless as he slipped from the bed, his easy grace that of a feline predator, and it was likely the boy would not be aware of his wakefulness until he spoke.

“Good morning, Fabien,” he said in a low voice, seemingly unconcerned with how very little like morning the darkening sky appeared. He was still without a shirt, his uncovered skin sumptuous in the crimson light. His unbound hair swayed along his spine with his movement as he tread with bare feet across the room to the table.

He crumbled something soft and fragrant between his thin fingers and let it drop with a soft clink into the belly of the bronze censer at the center of the table. His pale eyes were half-lidded and pensive. His gaze drifted absentmindedly to where the boy lingered at the entrance to the balcony even as his hands struck a match with a soft hiss.

“I hope you slept well.”

He dropped the flame into the censer and replaced the lid. Wisps of serpentine smoke, their fragrance chthonic and heady, rose in twining coils. Satisfied, the vampire turned the silver of his eyes back to the boy expectantly.
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:02 pm

The urchin had just managed to steal a glimpse of the distant rooftops, still bathed in fading golden Autumnal light, when he heard the sound of his name.  At the vampire’s voice, the youth’s limbs twitched in surprise, and he removed his hand with such swiftness it was as if the cloth had suddenly burst into flames.  He turned about sharply, his storm grey eyes growing wide.

It was then that Fabien ceased to move. His expression, at first almost guilty, gradually became tense with longing. His dark eyes followed the vampire with breathless interest, watching the fluid-like movement of his muscles beneath his skin, how his long hair caressed the beautiful curve of his lower back. It was some time before the boy managed to find his voice, and when it came, it was thick and distracted.

“Good morning, Monsieur.” He managed to reply at last.

The urchin stepped further into the room, tugging his waistband up his sharp hips and securing it more firmly.

“Oh, ah... oui. Oui, I slept very well, I-”He continued, the words gentle and softened by sleep.

The boy moved closer to his host, turning his eyes towards the censer in an attempt to divert his attention there. He continued to adjust the buttons at his hips as he watched the vampire’s fingers.

“I- it was- I liked... being with you, here I mean.  I- ” The boy released a frustrated sigh, his clumsy attempt at an explanation dying on his lip as he lapsed into an embarrassed silence. He quickly lifted a hand to comb his nervous fingers through the tangled strands of his flaxen hair.  

“Should I- would you like me to leave now, Monsieur? It looks late, and Colombe has had little help.”

The boy’s agitated conjurer’s fingers moved to his shirt, buttoning the fabric across his bare stomach.
    Tariq
    Admin

Post  Tariq on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:12 pm

The vampire absently rubbed the resin that remained between thumb and forefinger. The smoke that fanned out like rolling mist before dissipating was not so strong to burn the eyes or catch in the throat, but it quickly filled the room with its fragrance. The scent was compellingly soothing, and Tariq’s bare shoulders loosened to a lazy slant.

He silently dipped his head in recognition of the boy’s greeting. His faltering attempt to clarify his answer drew the ghost of a smile from his host. His eyes did not quite find the boy as he took a half-step nearer.

“Good,” he said. “So did I. You are welcome to make a habit of approaching my door to interrogate me on my lack of sight.” His tone veered into teasing at the last, the crook of his mouth nearly impish.

However, the playful expression dwindled at Fabien’s anxious question. His eyebrows rose. He considered him without speaking for a moment.

“I should think she will manage for one day,” he said. “She did before your arrival, after all.” When the vampire inclined his head, his hair fell in long strands over his shoulder. The red light darkened his eyes until they were murky. “I thought we might have a walk, instead.”

He made the suggestion idly, with a lazy wave of his hand. “Stretch the sinew of your legs with a bit of a stroll. It is getting to dark and I am eager to be in it.”

He rested his palm with fingers splayed just below his own sternum as though only just becoming aware of his lack of clothing. His ribcage flexed with his breath. “After a bath, of course,” he said smokily, a glint sparking in his blighted eyes. “But only if you would care to join me? You are free to attend to your other duties instead, if you would prefer.”

There was little in his soft tone to suggest the boy had any option but to accept.
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:55 am

The boy lowered his head at the vampire’s softly mocking words, a hint of colour enlivening his pallid complexion.  With eyes downcast, and features shrouded by his curling hair, he continued to slowly button his shirt up towards his throat. But despite his evident embarrassment, the corners of the boy’s lips twitched subtly.

At the vampire’s suggestion, the youth’s thin fingers ceased fidgeting with his attire, and he sharply lifted his chin. His dark eyes were wide and unblinking as he regarded his host silently as he spoke.

“A walk?” He enquired carefully, as though uncertain he heard correctly.

“Outside? You will let me outside with you?” The boy pressed, almost breathless with excitement.

Fabien swallowed slowly, his gaze briefly departing from the vampire to once again consider the door to his balcony. When he looked back, his grey eyes were almost luminous with emotion. His youthful heart had begun beating wildly within his chest, and a slight tremor had started to affect his fingertips.

In his delight, the boy did not seem to fully comprehend all that his host had said at first. His mind was clearly too consumed by thoughts of being out within the city again, of breathing the air of his long ached for streets. It was not until he watched his hand move towards his chest, that the youth’s attention was recaptured.

“You want me ... with you for that?” He asked quietly, his skin flushing with colour once more. “I- I would like, Monsieur.”
    Tariq
    Admin

Post  Tariq on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:35 pm

Tariq’s hand moved from his chest in a gesture that disrupted the coils of smoke rising from the censer. They writhed like severed snakes before resuming their gentle trickle to the ceiling, tinted a dull red from the waning light filtering in through the curtains.

Oui, outside,” the vampire answered, the clean ivory of his teeth glinting in the response. “If you would care to join me. I thought perhaps to stroll the river.” He was silent a moment before adding, “Unless you have another preference.’

His pale eyes caught what little light illuminated the room as he turned his blind gaze to the boy. Fabien’s palpable delight at the notion seemed to please him, and the ghost of a smile haunted his voluptuous mouth. He tapped a long finger on the surface of the table.

“Very good,” he said easily. He moved to the wardrobe, his movements sure in the familiar space of his bedroom. The shadow of the opened doors cut his figure in two. “Then kindly fetch the girl and tell her to draw a bath. I will be down shortly.”

This had all the air of a dismissal as the vampire occupied himself in picking through the fabrics in the wardrobe, his idle gaze eerily disinterested in the task. The curve of his spine presented the boy with a long line of tawny skin like the golden glow of daybreak.
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:07 pm

Fabien was left regarding the vampire with a look of raw bewilderment. It seemed such a painfully simple thing, to be offered a choice as to where they walked together. But the momentousness of this idle suggestion made the urchin’s features even more deeply expressive. The youth studied him quietly for a moment, before answering in a voice that was heavy with emotion.

“To the river, to the street and back, I would go happily anywhere with you Monsieur.”

Thereafter, the boy threatened to lose track of the rest of the vampire’s words. Instead, he watched him move elegantly across the room, admiring his bare skin with his storm cloud eyes. After a significant pause, the boy at last responded to his task, shaking himself from a stupor.

“Oh, oui, Monsier, I’ll ... I will go do that now,” he replied softly.

The urchin turned to leave, stumbling clumsily over his own feet as he slipped back towards the door. By the time the boy had slipped from the room, his hand was once again lodged deeply into his fair hair.

Once beyond the confines of his host’s chamber, the youth pressed his spine into the unyielding wood of door, and released a low, shuddery breath.  His hand slipped from his hair, feeling along the side of his throat until it found the heavy beat of his youthful heart. He placed the flat of his palm above his skin, and turned his dark eyes towards the sky, pinching the flesh of his lower lip between his teeth. It appeared he was reluctant to seek the girl immediately, and lingered in the shadow of the vampire’s doorway as though unsure of how to depart.

Eventually, after releasing a sharp sigh, the youth pushed his body away and stalked down the corridor in search of his friend.

When the urchin found where the girl was located, he did not speak immediately. Rather, he lingered by the doorway, watching her hesitantly with his sharp feline eyes. His fingers were unusually flighty, and his expression somewhat tense and distracted. When he gained Colombe’s attention, the boy softly cleared his throat.

“I was ah, told to tell you chérie. Monsieur wants you to run a bath.” He said quietly.

The youth’s shirt was dishevelled and carelessly buttoned, like one who had upon waking, dressed both half-heartedly and quickly. Though this was not uncommon, Fabien often took much too little care of his appearance. But when he spoke, his eyes did not quite fully meet hers.

The boy’s lips parted, and he breathed in sharply as though he had something further to add. But instead, air merely hissed between his clenched teeth. He waited for her to commence with her task, and then shadowed her path towards the bathroom like a cat. It was here the urchin lingered, haunting the passage like a ghost who did not quite know where to be.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 pm