I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

**Interlude 5 - He threshes you to free you, he grinds you to whiteness

Fabien

**Interlude 5 - He threshes you to free you, he grinds you to whiteness

Post  Fabien on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:47 am

The day had ebbed away in unremarkable stillness. Fabien had slept undisturbed upon the vampire’s sheets, his breathing low and heavy, his dreams too vague and uncomplicated to cause distress.  It was perhaps one of the better nights he had spent under his host’s roof. It was only when the golden light of day had already begun to wane behind the rooftops that the boy began to stir.

The first bite of chill evening air passed over his unclothed skin, rousing the urchin awake with a shiver. A soft sigh parted his lips as he stretched his thin limbs, and worked his sleep-stiffened joints with a murmur of enjoyment.

The boy’s dark eyes blinked slowly open, and the room shifted into focus. He became briefly disorientated by his strange and unfamiliar surroundings. He was greeted not by bland murkiness of his windowless room, but a vibrant, crimson light that bestowed everything with an ethereal glow. The cold air set the curtains shivering once more, and the whole room suddenly seemed like something alive and heaving. The youth’s chest tightened and his limbs twitched with fright, forcing him to sharply turn his head.

It was then his eyes fell upon the vampire.

The boy’s expression, at first startled and unhappy, softened at the sight of the owner whose bed he occupied. The urchin had spent the night pressed affectionately into his side, curled against him as though they had been lovers for many, many winters. Even now, his head was tucked into the hollow of his neck and shoulder, one pale arm stretched luxuriantly across his bare chest with audacious familiarity.

Fabien began the slow task of untangling himself from his host’s long limbs.  When he had created some space between their bodies, his dark eyes eagerly examined the sleeping vampire. The sight of him at rest, his skin rich and gleaming in the crimson light, caused the boy’s skin to heat. With his heart beating fiercely, the boy dared to brush aside strands of hair that spilled milk white over his companion’s dark skin. He carefully traced the gleaming scar at the vampire’s throat, before he turned aside and sat upright on the edge of the bed.

With a soft sigh, the boy’s hands moved to sweep aside knotted hair which curled and twisted over his eyes. He shrugged his shirt back over his scrawny shoulders, the fabric left unbuttoned and open at his chest.  Then he bent to gather the rest of his clothing, from where it lay in a crumpled heap beside the vampire’s bed.

With his trousers clutched in one hand, the boy began to study the vampire's room with renewed interest.He lingered by one of the wooden post’s of his host’s bed, curling his arm around the polished beam as he regarded the strange collection of objects on the vampire’s desk.  

The boy took a hesitant step closer, and may have continued to approach, had not dull sounds of life beyond the curtain captured his attention. The boy turned to where the fabric  danced tantalizingly, and almost at once he was lured to where he could smell the evening air.

He edged closer, balancing from one foot to the next as he struggled into his clothing.  When still only half dressed, and clutching at his oversized waistband, his fingers stretched fourth to grasp and carefully ease the curtains aside. Unless disturbed, he was sure to sweep the fabric back, desperate to steal a glimpse of the world beyond the vampire’s chamber.

Last edited by Fabien on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tariq
    Admin

Re: **Interlude 5 - He threshes you to free you, he grinds you to whiteness

Post  Tariq on Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:06 am

The vampire’s room was bloody in the fading light; a life-flushed egg candled by the point of the sun. The smeared bands of rich purple winding through the scarlet fabric pulsed like swollen veins in the sweet evening breeze. The effect was altogether disconcerting and it was little wonder the boy had awoken in confusion.

Tariq had not relinquished his jealous clasp on his companion, and they had slept as close as intertwined foxes in a burrow of earth. His breaths came deep and even. If he dreamt, the images did not etch into the furrow of his brow or the quirk of his lips. He was serene and quiet, his cool skin warmed only where he greedily stole the urchin’s body heat.

He slept uncannily like the dead.

He did not awake in fits and starts, or with a delicious shivering of limbs and gradual return to the world of the living. When Fabien stirred against him, he awoke at once, clarity returning to him without a film of haziness to obscure it. His fingers twitched, his pale eyelashes stirring, but his eyes remained closed.

The muscles of his neck stiffened at the brush of the boy’s expressive fingers on the silver filament of his scars. He sucked in a gentle breath. When it left his lips, the tension in his throat relaxed, the muscles softening beneath the curious press of those conjuror’s fingertips.

The vampire remained still and silent as the urchin turned away, his ashen hair curling in tranquil strands beneath his skull. His heart was beating in his throat.

It wasn’t until the boy began to study his room that his host stirred, rousing himself from his restful repose with a rattling of old bones and a dry whisper of breath. His movements were remarkably noiseless as he slipped from the bed, his easy grace that of a feline predator, and it was likely the boy would not be aware of his wakefulness until he spoke.

“Good morning, Fabien,” he said in a low voice, seemingly unconcerned with how very little like morning the darkening sky appeared. He was still without a shirt, his uncovered skin sumptuous in the crimson light. His unbound hair swayed along his spine with his movement as he tread with bare feet across the room to the table.

He crumbled something soft and fragrant between his thin fingers and let it drop with a soft clink into the belly of the bronze censer at the center of the table. His pale eyes were half-lidded and pensive. His gaze drifted absentmindedly to where the boy lingered at the entrance to the balcony even as his hands struck a match with a soft hiss.

“I hope you slept well.”

He dropped the flame into the censer and replaced the lid. Wisps of serpentine smoke, their fragrance chthonic and heady, rose in twining coils. Satisfied, the vampire turned the silver of his eyes back to the boy expectantly.
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:02 pm

The urchin had just managed to steal a glimpse of the distant rooftops, still bathed in fading golden Autumnal light, when he heard the sound of his name.  At the vampire’s voice, the youth’s limbs twitched in surprise, and he removed his hand with such swiftness it was as if the cloth had suddenly burst into flames.  He turned about sharply, his storm grey eyes growing wide.

It was then that Fabien ceased to move. His expression, at first almost guilty, gradually became tense with longing. His dark eyes followed the vampire with breathless interest, watching the fluid-like movement of his muscles beneath his skin, how his long hair caressed the beautiful curve of his lower back. It was some time before the boy managed to find his voice, and when it came, it was thick and distracted.

“Good morning, Monsieur.” He managed to reply at last.

The urchin stepped further into the room, tugging his waistband up his sharp hips and securing it more firmly.

“Oh, ah... oui. Oui, I slept very well, I-”He continued, the words gentle and softened by sleep.

The boy moved closer to his host, turning his eyes towards the censer in an attempt to divert his attention there. He continued to adjust the buttons at his hips as he watched the vampire’s fingers.

“I- it was- I liked... being with you, here I mean.  I- ” The boy released a frustrated sigh, his clumsy attempt at an explanation dying on his lip as he lapsed into an embarrassed silence. He quickly lifted a hand to comb his nervous fingers through the tangled strands of his flaxen hair.  

“Should I- would you like me to leave now, Monsieur? It looks late, and Colombe has had little help.”

The boy’s agitated conjurer’s fingers moved to his shirt, buttoning the fabric across his bare stomach.
    Tariq
    Admin

Post  Tariq on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:12 pm

The vampire absently rubbed the resin that remained between thumb and forefinger. The smoke that fanned out like rolling mist before dissipating was not so strong to burn the eyes or catch in the throat, but it quickly filled the room with its fragrance. The scent was compellingly soothing, and Tariq’s bare shoulders loosened to a lazy slant.

He silently dipped his head in recognition of the boy’s greeting. His faltering attempt to clarify his answer drew the ghost of a smile from his host. His eyes did not quite find the boy as he took a half-step nearer.

“Good,” he said. “So did I. You are welcome to make a habit of approaching my door to interrogate me on my lack of sight.” His tone veered into teasing at the last, the crook of his mouth nearly impish.

However, the playful expression dwindled at Fabien’s anxious question. His eyebrows rose. He considered him without speaking for a moment.

“I should think she will manage for one day,” he said. “She did before your arrival, after all.” When the vampire inclined his head, his hair fell in long strands over his shoulder. The red light darkened his eyes until they were murky. “I thought we might have a walk, instead.”

He made the suggestion idly, with a lazy wave of his hand. “Stretch the sinew of your legs with a bit of a stroll. It is getting to dark and I am eager to be in it.”

He rested his palm with fingers splayed just below his own sternum as though only just becoming aware of his lack of clothing. His ribcage flexed with his breath. “After a bath, of course,” he said smokily, a glint sparking in his blighted eyes. “But only if you would care to join me? You are free to attend to your other duties instead, if you would prefer.”

There was little in his soft tone to suggest the boy had any option but to accept.
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:55 am

The boy lowered his head at the vampire’s softly mocking words, a hint of colour enlivening his pallid complexion.  With eyes downcast, and features shrouded by his curling hair, he continued to slowly button his shirt up towards his throat. But despite his evident embarrassment, the corners of the boy’s lips twitched subtly.

At the vampire’s suggestion, the youth’s thin fingers ceased fidgeting with his attire, and he sharply lifted his chin. His dark eyes were wide and unblinking as he regarded his host silently as he spoke.

“A walk?” He enquired carefully, as though uncertain he heard correctly.

“Outside? You will let me outside with you?” The boy pressed, almost breathless with excitement.

Fabien swallowed slowly, his gaze briefly departing from the vampire to once again consider the door to his balcony. When he looked back, his grey eyes were almost luminous with emotion. His youthful heart had begun beating wildly within his chest, and a slight tremor had started to affect his fingertips.

In his delight, the boy did not seem to fully comprehend all that his host had said at first. His mind was clearly too consumed by thoughts of being out within the city again, of breathing the air of his long ached for streets. It was not until he watched his hand move towards his chest, that the youth’s attention was recaptured.

“You want me ... with you for that?” He asked quietly, his skin flushing with colour once more. “I- I would like, Monsieur.”
    Tariq
    Admin

Post  Tariq on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:35 pm

Tariq’s hand moved from his chest in a gesture that disrupted the coils of smoke rising from the censer. They writhed like severed snakes before resuming their gentle trickle to the ceiling, tinted a dull red from the waning light filtering in through the curtains.

Oui, outside,” the vampire answered, the clean ivory of his teeth glinting in the response. “If you would care to join me. I thought perhaps to stroll the river.” He was silent a moment before adding, “Unless you have another preference.’

His pale eyes caught what little light illuminated the room as he turned his blind gaze to the boy. Fabien’s palpable delight at the notion seemed to please him, and the ghost of a smile haunted his voluptuous mouth. He tapped a long finger on the surface of the table.

“Very good,” he said easily. He moved to the wardrobe, his movements sure in the familiar space of his bedroom. The shadow of the opened doors cut his figure in two. “Then kindly fetch the girl and tell her to draw a bath. I will be down shortly.”

This had all the air of a dismissal as the vampire occupied himself in picking through the fabrics in the wardrobe, his idle gaze eerily disinterested in the task. The curve of his spine presented the boy with a long line of tawny skin like the golden glow of daybreak.
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:07 pm

Fabien was left regarding the vampire with a look of raw bewilderment. It seemed such a painfully simple thing, to be offered a choice as to where they walked together. But the momentousness of this idle suggestion made the urchin’s features even more deeply expressive. The youth studied him quietly for a moment, before answering in a voice that was heavy with emotion.

“To the river, to the street and back, I would go happily anywhere with you Monsieur.”

Thereafter, the boy threatened to lose track of the rest of the vampire’s words. Instead, he watched him move elegantly across the room, admiring his bare skin with his storm cloud eyes. After a significant pause, the boy at last responded to his task, shaking himself from a stupor.

“Oh, oui, Monsier, I’ll ... I will go do that now,” he replied softly.

The urchin turned to leave, stumbling clumsily over his own feet as he slipped back towards the door. By the time the boy had slipped from the room, his hand was once again lodged deeply into his fair hair.

Once beyond the confines of his host’s chamber, the youth pressed his spine into the unyielding wood of door, and released a low, shuddery breath.  His hand slipped from his hair, feeling along the side of his throat until it found the heavy beat of his youthful heart. He placed the flat of his palm above his skin, and turned his dark eyes towards the sky, pinching the flesh of his lower lip between his teeth. It appeared he was reluctant to seek the girl immediately, and lingered in the shadow of the vampire’s doorway as though unsure of how to depart.

Eventually, after releasing a sharp sigh, the youth pushed his body away and stalked down the corridor in search of his friend.

When the urchin found where the girl was located, he did not speak immediately. Rather, he lingered by the doorway, watching her hesitantly with his sharp feline eyes. His fingers were unusually flighty, and his expression somewhat tense and distracted. When he gained Colombe’s attention, the boy softly cleared his throat.

“I was ah, told to tell you chérie. Monsieur wants you to run a bath.” He said quietly.

The youth’s shirt was dishevelled and carelessly buttoned, like one who had upon waking, dressed both half-heartedly and quickly. Though this was not uncommon, Fabien often took much too little care of his appearance. But when he spoke, his eyes did not quite fully meet hers.

The boy’s lips parted, and he breathed in sharply as though he had something further to add. But instead, air merely hissed between his clenched teeth. He waited for her to commence with her task, and then shadowed her path towards the bathroom like a cat. It was here the urchin lingered, haunting the passage like a ghost who did not quite know where to be.
    Tariq
    Admin

Post  Tariq on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Tariq could feel the boy’s eyes on his back like the glide of a palm against skin. He did not try to conceal the pleasure thrumming in his reply, his teeth sharp and aching in his mouth:

“Very good. The river it is.”

He allowed the boy to depart without another word. When the door had swung shut behind him, the vampire released a soft breath, eyelids falling over the moon-glow of his eyes, before resuming his task.

Fabien would not have to go far to happen upon his friend: Colombe was in the room at the foot of the stairs, a sliver of waning light from a window with a pulled-back curtain adding its ambience to the lamps lighting her task. She was busy folding clothes, neat piles already stacked on the floor in front of her. She paused and glanced up when the urchin arrived, her face brightening. She wiggled her little finger at him in greeting and turned her attention back to the shirt occupying the rest of her hand.

Colombe did not seem to notice the boy’s flighty demeanour. It wasn’t until he cleared his throat to speak that she glanced up again, her dark eyes reflecting the glow of the light. She huffed at the request but rose, tossing down a shirt and brushing her hands on her apron. It wasn’t until she passed him that she spared him an inquisitive glance. However, she did not pursue the matter, and stepped away to draw the water.

It took some time before she returned, her face flushed from the heat of the water. She drew up short at seeing Fabien still lingering in the hall. Her wan smile had a thin edge of uncertainty but she stepped past him to return to her laundry.

It was not much longer before the master of the house made his appearance, his spine straight and his steps silent on bare feet. He had shed his remaining clothes in favour of a thick towel wrapped about his waist.

Should the boy still be lingering in the passage, the vampire ushered him outside with a silent hand on the small of his back. He lazily closed the door behind the both of them and turned a contemplative glance at the urchin.

“Do you intend to join me clothed?” he asked, the faint teasing in his tone playful. He approached the great copper tub, his idle eyes disinterested, and flicked his fingers in the steaming water as though to test it. “I doubt you will enjoy it as much,” he added idly, before slipping the towel from around his waist and draping it on the edge of the stand beside the tub.

He was relaxed in his brazen nudity, the well-formed bones of his body swathed in muscle. His only adornment was the rough scar gleaming like silver jewelry at his throat.
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:25 am

Fabien’s expression had grown increasingly strained, his eyes darkening as he watched Colombe pass by.The boy grabbed a fistful of his shirt, bunching the material around his fingers and pulling it taut across his slim chest.  

He watched the girl depart from the bathroom, following her movements nervously in the dim light of the hall. When their eyes met, the urchin did not return her smile. Instead, he remained pressed stiffly against the wall, his eyes full of the feral caution of an injured fox.

It was only when the vampire appeared that the boy abandoned his position. He bestowed his host with a look of shy surprise, his eyes flitting from his bare chest, to the towel, then anxiously over his sharp shoulder. He lingered in the centre of the corridor, his eyes wide, his breath held between his teeth.

Thankfully the youth needed little encouragement to move towards the bathroom, and was easily guided away. But before he passed through the door, he sped one more sharp glance over his shoulder, to where he had last seen Colombe.

Once inside, the boy had little time to gather his thoughts. As he turned his head aside, he was at once presented with the sight of the vampire baring his body. Fabien’s heart leapt into his throat, and he immediately averted his eyes down to his bare feet.

But soon after his gaze began to slowly rise, until he was pouring over the vampire’s body from his ankles to the silver scar at his throat. The urchin’s lips parted, and his skin flushed with colour.

Thereafter, the boy could so little else but stare. His eyes trailed down towards the vampire’s stomach, slipping low to study the muscular curves of his thighs. It was here the urchin lingered for some time, his throat tight and his fingers clenched at his sides. 

Qu'elle?” He replied hoarsely.

“Oh, ... non, non I-,” The boy  mumbled softly,  fumbling clumsily with the buttons of his shirt. When his quivering lock picker’s fingers could make no further progress, he hauled his shirt over his head with a sigh of frustration. The material was abandoned in a rough heap at his feet.

“Do you ... uh-“The boy began again, clearing his throat as he attempted to feign ease in the vampire’s company. “-this is something you have done before, Monsieur?”

The boy forced his attention down towards his waistband, though it was long before he was stealing small, intense glances.

“Bathe with others, I mean.”

Fabien stepped away from the rest of his clothing, and kicked it unceremoniously aside with his heel. Now, with his body also completed exposed, he could feel his pulse hard in his throat. The eager skin between the urchin’s thighs had already firmed, and the sight of his easy arousal made the boy’s face heat with embarrassment.  He pushed his hair back from his eyes, and then stepped towards the bath, closing the space between them.

“But it is pretty unusual, non?”

The urchin’s grey eyes continued to linger on vampire’s body, slipping over his hips as he hovered by the rim of the bath. His attention lapsed only briefly, as he turned his head to eye the water with uncertainty.

“S-should I-  ...? “

When he turned back to look at his host, suddenly whatever the urchin had meant to say was lost. His darkly ringed eyes followed the trail of a single strand of the vampire’s hair, down and over the length of his body and towards his waist. The boy’s eyes rose sharply, and after a quiet breath, words were spilling from his lips.

Ah, tu es si beau Monsieur.” He breathed softly, his voice trembling. “Je veux t’embrasser.”
    Tariq
    Admin

Post  Tariq on Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Tariq’s pale gaze lifted to the boy as he unraveled his nervous questions. His smile was absentminded, his posture lazy as he leaned against the tub.

“Est-ce étrange? I enjoy the company,” he said, shaking the droplets of water from his fingers. “And truthfully, there are tasks I would rather another set of hands attend to.”

Fabien’s growing interest seemed to kindle something in the vampire’s chest, and he looked to him with a sharpened gaze. He straightened, releasing a sharp breath as he said, “Ah, my beautiful boy. It makes my teeth ache when your blood stirs so. Come here.”

He gestured with a flick of fingers to the space before him. Should the boy comply and close the distance between them, the vampire would turn him at the shoulder and pull him close so his spine pressed against Tariq’s stomach. He curled his hand about his throat and lifted his chin until their eyes met. The vampire’s whorled with flecks of burnished silver. It was impossible to mistake them for sighted.

“Brazen creature,” he said in a rough whisper, the words so soaked in affection they were dripping. He dipped his head and brushed his lips against the boy’s mouth.

The hand not at his neck picked its way down his chest, palm brushing across his stomach, until the tips of his fingers were grazing the urchin’s slim thighs. It was impossible to ignore the skin begging for attention ‘twixt his legs and the vampire’s hand flickered along it faint enough to be maddening before drawing away.

He broke the kiss, savouring the taste of the boy’s mouth with a flick of his tongue. His countenance was one of lazy pleasure as he allowed Fabien to lower his chin. He pressed his lips into the crown of his head, speaking with bone-deep satisfaction into his tousled hair. “You have only to ask.’

Reluctantly, the vampire drew away, his phantom touch leaving trails of ghostly cool. “But first,” he said, the tips of his fingers lightly skimming the stand beside the tub until they lighted on the curved handle of a small pitcher. “You are going to wash my hair.” He offered it to the boy before turning back to the waiting water.

The great belly of the tub was large enough for the vampire to straighten his bare legs nearly all, and he did so after stepping in and seating himself in the center. The warm water rose halfway up his chest. Even here, his spine was straight. He stretched his arms lazily over each side of the tub and half-turned his head to the boy.

“Join me, Fabien,” he said idly, indicating the only vacant space remaining behind him. “And wet my hair. I intend to make good use of those hands while I enjoy your company.” That sharp humour returned, glittering wickedly beneath his words. The lap of the water against the side of the tub filled the room with its gentle laughter.
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:39 pm

Fabien needed little coaxing. He stepped closer almost at once, eradicating what little space remained between them. The steaming tub had already begun to fill the room with its warm mist, causing the boy’s flaxen hair to curl and dampen against his brow.

He was still hungrily devouring the vampire’s skin when he laid his hands upon him. But as his host turned and repositioned him, the boy’s storm cloud eyes widened and his limbs stiffened with surprise. His lips parted, as though he had something to add.

Before he could find his tongue, he was at once held captive by the vampire’s sightless gaze. Then at the press of his host’s bare skin against his back, the boy released a small, panted breath.

The vampire’s hotly whispered words were almost too much for the urchin. A shiver spilled its way down his spine, brandishing his sharp cheeks with a crimson stain.  His trembling only grew more pronounced at the brush of his lips, and the deepening of his kiss. Soon the youth’s limbs had turned as supple as heated butter. He swallowed back a soft moan, his pulse throbbing violently against the vampire’s palm.

The youth was much too eager for his host’s mouth. It was only his hand skimming his aroused skin that caused him to pull aside, his breath hissing between his clenched teeth. When the vampire finally released him, he left boy half-dazed, his body burning with freshly stoked desire.

D’accord,” Fabien panted softly, accepting the pitcher with a mechanical sweep of the arm.  His expression was glazed, his eyes distant and heavy lidded.

After a pause, the boy at last began to consider the bath tub in earnest. He approached tentatively, before stepping into the water and lowering to his knees like a dutiful slave attending on royalty.

At first he attempted to force a distance between their bodies, behaving as though the vampire’s skin had turned hot enough to scorch him. But despite his attempts, it was impossible to ignore that the uncomfortably aroused skin which jutted with shameful eagerness between his bare thighs.

The boy at once busied himself with his task, submerging the pitcher in the water before him. He leaned forward, and proceeded to pour the gleaming water with unskilful awkwardness. Water splashed in an ungainly fashion along the vampire’s spine, and boy lifted his hand, curling his fingers through the wet strands of his pale hair.

Fabien became immediately distracted. He placed his palm flat against the vampire’s muscled back, his long fingers trembling bone white against his skin.

“You have... always kept your hair so long?” He enquired softly, submerging the gleaming pitcher a second time.

This time, when he poured the water in quavering stream, it was applied with a little more gentleness and precision. The urchin paused again to savour the sight of the water collecting in glistening beads upon the vampire’s skin.

Suddenly he leaned forward, his wet chest curved like sickle moon against the vampire’s bare spine.

“You are so tall, Monsieur-” He commented in a half-whisper, his chest brushing against the vampire’s back.

The urchin’s began to gather the hair at the vampire’s temples, combing it from his behind his ears with his trembling conjurer’s fingers. He slipped a slender arm around his shoulder, two fingers pressing gently beneath his jaw.

“-And, ah..., it will be easier, I think, if you tilt your head back a little?”

The boy waited for the vampire to agree to his suggestion, before pouring water soothingly over the vampire’s crown and down his back. This time, the water glistening in delicate trails down his skin proved too great a distraction for the aroused youth. He at once pressed his lips to the wet curve of his host’s shoulder, tracing the skin there with the tip of an impish tongue.
    Tariq
    Admin

Post  Tariq on Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:49 am

Tariq took little notice of the boy’s skittish movements as he settled gingerly into the space behind him. The water rose until it threatened to spill over the side of the tub. The vampire was not reticent about their proximity, leaning back until their bodies touched, wet skin on wet skin warmed by the lapping water. He diplomatically did not comment on the skin he had roused with such little exertion.

He grimaced at Fabien’s first clumsy attempt to wet his hair. Wayward rivulets trailed down his face. “With perhaps more grace than that,” he chided without any real ire, the words like the soft ash of burning coals in his throat as he wiped the water from his eyes with the side of his palm.

The boy could doubtless feel his host’s heart ticking in his chest as he spread his fingers along the wet expanse of his back. He lazily rolled his neck, the sharp bones of his spine flexing beneath the skin.

“Toujours? Well, certainly long enough to be always for you.” His pale hair had darkened with the weight of the water, the resulting steel undertones shimmering nearly blue. “I think an old man is allowed one vanity, non?” His eyes had languidly fallen closed and a hint of humour brushed his mouth at this.

His lips parted as though to respond to Fabien’s observation but only a breath of air slipped out as the boy’s fingers grazed his temple. He leaned into the touch with feline assertiveness. His damp hair clung to the skin as he tilted his head to luxuriate in the attention. However, he stiffened as those fingers crept close to his throat. Just as they moved to press beneath his jaw his silvered eyes opened and he seized the boy’s wrist with startling swiftness.

“Mind yourself, Fabien,” he said with a click of sharp teeth in his mouth, a glint of predatory danger in the words and his grip tight on the bony wrist. But he drew the boy’s hand down to his side and released it before obligingly tilting his head back.

Focused as he was, the boy’s mouth evidently came as a surprise as the breath he released was very nearly a gasp.

“You are determined,” he said, the steel in his tone at the boy’s affront that had not quite dissipated now flushed with an unmistakable heat. “To have me dwell on nothing but your mouth. I thought you were eager to spend the evening out of doors but you make a passionate plea to return to bed.” He did not sound as though this were a bad idea, the insinuation curling about his tongue with the deftness of a snake.
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:23 pm

Fabien had long abandoned the pitcher in favour combing his fingertips through the vampire’s hair. In this at least, he appeared much more skilled. The scrape of his fingers moved along the back of his host’s neck, following the line of his spine in slow, rhythmic movements.

The urchin’s fingertips moved to the side of the vampire’s ribs, still curling the glistening stands of hair around his fingertips.

“Ah, oui, but it is very fine,” the boy murmured gently. “And so soft, like silk.”

In his eagerness, the youth was perfectly oblivious to his host’s displeasure. When the vampire reached for him, the sudden swiftness of his movements almost put a stopper to the beat of the urchin’s heart. The boy’s breath hitched in his throat, and his grey eyes grew suddenly wide with alarm. He paused in his activity, the muscles of his arm stiff within his host’s grip. He did not release a breath until the vampire’s grasp had softened.

Je... je suis désolé, Monsieur.” He managed to stammer breathlessly. “I-I did not mean to make you angry, I... I will be more careful.”

Once the vampire released him, the youth timidly withdrew his hand and caught his lower lip between his teeth.  The boy was slow to return to his task, and hovered nervously behind his host, as if afraid he might irritate him further. But after some time, his fingertips resumed their work, stirring anxiously over the vampire’s skin.

“Ah, I -“

The boy’s skin flushed with colour once more, and his heartbeat grew firm in his throat.

“I am sorry. I cannot seem to help myself, I- I just want to touch you.”

The boy’s conjurer’s fingers resumed their gentle, stroking motions over the vampire’s wet skin. He released a soft sigh, and bowed forward to press his brow against the smooth plane of the vampire’s back.

“And I,” he pressed carefully. “I would still very much like to walk with you, Monsieur, if you still would have me.”
    Tariq
    Admin

Post  Tariq on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:08 pm

The tension that had gathered in the muscles of Tariq’s back had not quite finished bleeding away when the boy made his careful apology. The vampire shook his head, strands of wet hair serpentine as they moved along his back.

Mon cher garçon,” he said. “Of course I will.”

He stood with that uncanny ease of his, fluidly unfolding as water dripped in pattering streams and, unconcerned with Fabien’s new opportunity to review his unclothed body, reached across to the stand next to the tub. After a moment’s searching he retrieved a cloth and a hunk of brown and black mottled soap with a crumbly texture. He turned and sat down across from Fabien, the water swaying as it rose to submerge him. Now that he was facing the boy, his pale eyes unfocused as he carefully wet the chunk of soap, their proximity and nakedness were more intimate than ever.

“I enjoy it when you touch me,” he said frankly as he worked the soap to a lather on the cloth between his long fingers. “Perhaps I enjoy it to distraction.”

This had the air of forgiveness to it, the words spoken with an amiability that was almost coquettish, and when the vampire knelt forward brandishing the cloth in his hand, his limbs were loose and easy.

“Now I am going to wash you,” he said. “And you are going to watch, and pay attention, and remember because when I am finished you are going to do the same to me. Comprenez vous?”

When he had received some confirmation that his guest understood, the vampire set to work. The soap was mild and earthy, and undoubtedly of higher quality than the urchin had ever experienced in his life.

It was clear the vampire enjoyed the task as he took his time running his fingers over the boy’s smooth skin, curving with relish over the sweep of street-earned muscle and firm bone. However, he was serious about the undertaking, taking great care to thoroughly wash each section before moving on to the next. He moved the boy’s limbs into position without a second thought, nudging his head aside or prompting him to lift an arm as necessary. Nor did he shy away as his attentions moved lower, drifting to the cleft of the boy’s thighs. If his enthusiasm had waned there was little doubt it would be reignited at Tariq’s firm touch.
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:22 pm

It was only the boy’s silence that gave an indication of his response. As the vampire rose from the bath, the urchin’s grey eyes trailed with shameless desire over his wet skin. When he returned to the  water, the boy’s mouth was agape, his youthful features flushed with longing.

It was an expression which did not leave him, as he watched his host lather the soap between his long fingers. And when the vampire inclined towards him, the boy let loose a sharp breath.

“Oh-, ah, oui. Oui Monsieur, je comprends.”He replied hastily, unable to disguise the perplexity in his voice.

The boy’s bewilderment could be felt deep in his bones, as he allowed the vampire to wash his scrawny limbs. He responded lifelessly at first, his arms easily moved, but tightly strung and heavy. Only the youth’s eyes remained animated, flitting from the vampire’s hands, to gazing with helpless abandon at his mouth.  At last the boy began to relax into the vampire’s hands, though his heart could still be felt pounding fiercely within his chest.

For perhaps the first time since their initial encounter, Fabien became perfectly silent. He allowed this quiet to pass between, broken only by the sound of water stirring around their bodies, and cloth sliding over wet skin.

When his host’s attentions slipped lower, the boy’s hands rose from the water, his long fingers spread in mid-air. The softest brush of the cloth between his thighs was enough to have his hips subtly writhing, desperate for attention. The ease with which the vampire could harden him made the boy squirm with embarrassment.   One hand scrambled for the edge of the bath, gripping it with a white-knuckled desperation. The other hand moved to curl around the vampire’s wrist, in what may have been an effort to still him.

“You are... very thorough, Monsieur,” the boy managed to choke, his voice low and thick. “Should I, ah- do now the same for you?” He added eagerly, no doubt in an attempt to deflect attention away from his painfully wanting skin.

The boy awaited the vampire’s instruction before accepting the cloth from him, and seeking the strangely scented soap. After a moment’s hesitation to steel his nerves, the boy leaned forward.

His breath was cool on the vampire’s bare chest as he rolled the soap-thick cloth over his skin. The urchin took his time, pausing to admire the way the water left his skin polished and gleaming as jet. He was slow, and careful, his grey eyes lifting to steal glances of the vampire’s expression as he worked.

Gradually, the urchin became ever more absorbed in his task;  trailing the back of his hand along a particular curve of muscle, or tracing the raised path of a vein beneath his skin, his eyes luminous with wonder. It  was in this manner he continued to explore every part of the vampire’s unearthly flesh, his silence broken only by soft explanations; an aching “Tellement beau,” or a “Comment est-ce possible?” whispered beneath his breath.

Fabien continued to following the line of the vampire’s stomach, until his hand had slipped beneath the water. Here the urchin stalled, and his concentration fractured. He delayed further, awaiting his host’s encouragement before he dared proceed.

Then, the boy’s hand moved lower, following the gentle arch of the vampire’s thigh. Here a slight tremor began to affect his arm. And despite efforts to conceal it, it only became more pronounced as he smoothed the cloth over the vampire’s inner thigh, stroking the flesh there gently. The urchin’s storm cloud eyes flitted toward the vampire’s mouth, nervously seeking signs of displeasure, as his fingers brushed over the sensitive flesh between the vampire’s legs.
    Tariq
    Admin

Post  Tariq on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Tariq was nearly ritualistic in his attentiveness as he bathed the boy. He did not break the calm silence, allowing it to fill instead with the water lapping gently at their bodies.

His hands did not turn aside from their intentions when Fabien stiffened. If anything, his discomfort seemed to encourage the vampire, whose attention bordered on the licentious as the taper of his fingers carefully stroked along eager skin.

“Vous devez être,” he said, his eyes flashing like silver coins. He did not elaborate.

He did not immediately respond to the boy’s invitation, his interest occupied elsewhere. After a moment he shifted, leaning back into the other side of the tub. He stretched out his long legs before him, knees parted above the surface of the water, and lazily yielded the cloth to his guest. When it was taken from him, he rested his wrists on the edge of the tub. It was a posture that left no room for embarrassment or awkward unease - it was in fact a nakedly bold stance that managed to be lordly despite the exposure of bare wrists and thighs.

He was silent as the boy followed his instruction, his dead eyes watching with an imitation of idle interest. The water had cooled and was lukewarm as the boy leaned forward and tentatively touched lather to skin.

It was clear the vampire enjoyed the attention. Like a cat twisting indulgently beneath a stroking hand, he basked in the touch of his hands and the tonguing of the cloth. Muscle rolled beneath wet skin to allow the boy access to each part of his body. The glances the boy stole from beneath his eyelashes would confirm this self-indulgent delight, as the vampire’s eyes were half-lidded and his decadent mouth slack with pleasure.

If there had been any doubt that the boy was still in his good graces, this would surely dispel them.

The vampire offered few directions, and the quiet was only thinned by the boy’s occasional murmurs and the crystalline chime of the water. When the boy’s hand halted, the vampire opened a pale eye.

“Go on,” he breathed, laying back his head. The curve of his throat was sharp against the line of his chest. The scars that marked it glistened like flakes of silver.

With the application of Fabien’s uncertain hands, the skin between his thighs proved easy to rouse. It stirred as though to greet him, thickening with every bit of wanton pleasure the vampire had already displayed beneath his touch. He sank deeper into the water with a sigh as his thighs parted.

What happened then likely happened too quickly for the boy to register each of its parts. One moment, all was still and quiet, the vampire a taut line of stretched tendon as he arched into Fabien’s trembling hands. In the next, a low growl, terrifying in its savagery, had seemed to come from a place deep in his chest and his hand was clasped tightly around the boy’s throat. The crook between thumb and forefinger pressed so hard into his trachea as to constrict the air. It might have been unforgiving enough to raise bruises.

The vampire was panting like a wolf pursuing prey. His shoulders were rigid and his eyes glowed fiercely.

“Ah,” he said softly, and released him. He sat upright, drawing his arms across his chest and his legs together, the fierce, animal light not quite snuffed from his eyes. His teeth glinted wet ivory when he spoke. “I think, dear one, that is enough of that.” There was a faint quivering in the hand he rose to brush his brow. His bare chest still heaved with his breath.
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:16 am

Fabien could do little but mould himself into the space between the vampire’s thighs, his shoulders jutting from the surface like polished ivory. One hand slithered past his host's hip, supporting the boy’s weight as he leant forward.

Eventually his body was a delicate sickle between the vampire’s legs, their bare chests almost flush.

Despite his host’s encouragement, the boy remained agonisingly cautious. The roll of the cloth upon his skin, so thoughtlessly gentle, verged on teasing. But as he felt the vampire firm beneath him, his focus began to unravel. The cloth was abandoned, replaced by the brush of his thumb,  curving in an exploratory arch over the sensitive tip. The boy caught his lower lip between his teeth, his eyes flitting to the vampire's mouth.

The flesh newly roused by his attentions was too fierce a temptation for the excitable youth. His palm flexed, conjurer’s fingers outstretched, before they curled their way around the tip of the vampire’s shaft. The muscles of his slender wrist grew taut, primed to apply a single, firm stroke.

It was then that his efforts were cut short.

The boy’s hand immediately grew lax, and every part of his body was stilled by the force of the vampire’s grasp.  He managed to release a small, choked gasp as his eyes lifted to meet the vampire’s glowing gaze.

The boy barely had time to comprehend what had happened to him. His heart beat so fiercely, it left him almost choking against his host's palm.
    Another soft, muted whimper forced its way into the back of his throat before the vampire's grip at last loosened. The urchin’s vision blurred, and he exhaled in a small, sharp pant.

Once he had been released, Fabien almost seemed to recoil, moving back onto his knees in a desperate attempt to create space between their bodies. The urchin's limbs trembled too, his muscles stirring like those of a slender fawn caught by hounds.  

He waited for his breathing to slow, to deepen and closed his eyes.

The urchin did not speak. And for a time, there was quiet between them again, save for the sound of ragged breathing, and calm water moving in a gentle whisper.

Then, slowly the boy’s long-fingered hand crept up to find his throat, the vulnerable skin there reddening under the brunt of the vampire’s grip. His palm slithered over the muscles, until he was shadowing the place where his host’s palm had been but moments before. There was something strange in the way his hand lingered there, caressing his smooth skin as if he were relishing the memory of his touch. Or pressing into the ache like one might toy with a bruise.

“The uh ... the w-water, Monsieur, grows cold now, n-non?” He murmured faintly, his eyes opening.

It was difficult to discern what thoughts plagued the boy, so reserved had he become. But despite the terror which could be felt in every part of his body, he did not sound unhappy. There was no sharp agitation, nothing to suggest a deep distress at the vampire’s sudden display of aggression. And the skin between the urchin’s thighs had become almost painful with want, jutting stiffly against his body.

One trembling hand reached out to grasp the side of the bath, and he moved to rise up from the soap scented water. As he did so, his other hand remained at his neck, his fingers idly stroking the skin.
    Tariq
    Admin

Post  Tariq on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:45 pm

Tariq made no move to break the thin sheet of silence that stretched brittle as ice between them. His expression was carefully dispassionate and revealed nothing. His breath still came quick and hard, but the feral light in his eyes was dwindling and the hand that he returned to the side of the bath was steady and still.

He waited with perfect patience for the boy’s response. When it came, he turned his pale eyes to him in something like mild surprise. His quickened breathing noticeably slowed.

Oui,” he said softly, making no motion to move. His blind gaze continued to linger absently on Fabien as he rose to leave.

Without warning, the vampire’s hand slid along the edge of the tub until it found the boy’s wrist and grasped it firmly, preventing his rise. His touch was cool, his skin like stone left to soak in the night air.

“Fabien,” he said. “I want…” Whatever this was, it trailed off and when he spoke again there was no hint of hesitation in his tone. “Would you allow me to take your blood, if I were to ask?”

He released the boy’s wrist as though to give him the space to consider this question. No matter his response, the vampire rose from the cooling water as he listened to it, wet hair clinging in coils to his back as he made ready to exit the tub.

He made no effort to conceal the skin between his thighs still roused at his guest’s touch. Even after he had left the tub, beads of dewed water curving down his skin, he lingered close to the boy as though loathe to stray too far despite his hands never quite finding the proper excuse to touch him once more.
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:28 am

When the vampire reached for him, the boy immediately stilled.

His head turned, his grey eyes wide, and full of something that might have been caution, perhaps even fear. His skin pebbled beneath his host’s palm, the sharp throb of his pulse keeping time beneath the delicate flesh of his wrist.

The urchin’s grey eyes lowered, following the line of the vampire’s arm to where his hand met the boy's pale skin. And at the sound of his name, his breath escaped his teeth in a soft pant.

“You mean... right... right now, Monsieur?” He asked softly, his voice almost breathless with unease.

When the vampire’s hand slipped away, the youth proceeded to step from the water. He kept his eyes lowered, his fingers shaking droplets of water from the curling strands of his hair. The urchin stood at the edge of the large basin, allowing bath water to pool around his bare toes.

His eyes still did not find the vampire for some time. They circled in the space around him, moving from floor to ceiling as the youth desperately sought to digest his companion’s words.

“Wouldn’t it...  be dangerous for me?” The boy enquired, and at last turned his grey eyes back towards the vampire.  “And put me in bed for some time, as before?”

The boy’s hand moved back to his throat, pressing into the skin which continued to redden, branded by the vampire’s grasp.

“I do not remember it so well, Monsieur. I-“Fabien paused, his voice low, and thoughtful. “I do not remember if it hurt.”
    Tariq
    Admin

Post  Tariq on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:27 pm

Tariq continued to linger near Fabien as he stepped from the bath. At the anxious question, the vampire took a step back, turning his pale eyes away from the boy dripping water over the floor. His hands sought and found the towel he had discarded.

Non,” he said, and draped the boy in the soft towel. His shoulders were small and sharp wrapped as they were in the long bundle of fabric. “Not right now. Right now we are going to finish this bath and take a walk, as promised. Dry yourself; we are nearly done.”

The vampire, bare skin still gleaming with water, left the boy to follow his instruction while he sorted through the various gleaming jars and clinking bottles on the stand next to the tub. His eyes had little interest in the task and idly fixed to a point on the opposite wall.

He poured a small measure of liquid into his palm and gathered his hair over one shoulder to work it in as he silently listened to the boy’s questions. He remained wordless as his fingers deftly smoothed through his long hair, the task attended to with the same quiet thoughtfulness as the rest of his bath had been. When he turned back to the boy, he was armed with another thin bottle.

“Palms out,” he instructed softly. When the boy complied, as confirmed by a light touch of a finger into his open palm, he tipped a bit of oil into his hands. The vampire’s movements were haunted by an almost affected slowless as though to reassure him without words there would be no more lapses into feral hunger. He took the towel back and fastened the now-damp cloth around his waist before speaking.

“It does not have to be dangerous, and you do not have to be bedridden after. It... I did not stop when I ought to have, the first time.” The vampire dipped the tip of two long fingers into the pool in the boy’s palm and stroked it across his wrist and up his forearm, leaving a gleaming trail. The oil had warmed in his hand and was soft and smooth where it melted into the skin. There was a faint catch in Tariq’s throat as he quietly instructed the boy to work the rest into his skin.

The vampire contemplated Fabien’s next words quietly. His hair was still gathered over one shoulder and nearly reached the towel about his waist.

“It hurt,” he said, and there was a glimmer of humour in the words. His silvered eyes were very near the boy’s, now. Gently but firmly, his hand smoothed over his throat where the shadow of his grasp could be seen in red. “It must always hurt, although I like to fancy I can coax a great deal of pleasure from that hurt.” His gaze seemed to contemplate Fabien with unfair keenness, given its blindness. “There are some who have found ecstasy between my teeth.”

After a long while the vampire straightened and turned his eyes away from the boy. “When you are finished, go up and change into fresh clothes. I will join you shortly and we can be on our way.”
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Fabien nodded, and murmured a soft “Oui, Monsieur” as he lazily smoothed the towel over his and around his scrawny limbs. He followed the vampire’s path across the room, bundling the towel between his hands as he impatiently attended to the mess of pale curls atop his head.

When requested, the urchin immediately offered his hands, watching with interest as his host filled his palms with this new and unfamiliar liquid. His storm cloud eyes did not settle, but stirred between his palms and the vampire’s sightless gaze.

“Oh, vraiment Monsieur?” He replied lightly, as if they were discussing something as trivial as the weather.

As he listened to his host’s answer, the boy lapsed into a thoughtful silence, catching the flesh of his lower lip between his teeth. He appeared briefly concerned, and then his lips parted suddenly, and a sharp breath of air passed between his teeth, as though he had something pressing to ask. But no words came, and whatever the boy’s question had been, it was swiftly secreted away.

“So, it would be different then, the next time?” The boy asked, his eyes following the vampire’s hands as they worked across his wrists, his arms.

The youth lifted his palm and brought it towards his nose, before experimentally dipping the point of his tongue into the gleaming oil. It was greeted with a mild grimace, before the boy awkwardly attempted to smooth it into his limbs as he had watched the vampire do before.

“But it would please you, Monsieur?” He asked softly, as he continued to work the oil thoughtfully into his pale skin.

Then when the vampire reached for him, the boy’s pulse fluttered firmly in his throat, and the skin of his neck and cheeks coloured vividly. He fell completely silent as he listened to the vampire speak, his chin lifting and his entire body inclining in towards the vampire’s hand. The boy’s fingertips flexed as his sides, as though desperate to reach out and touch his host’s shining skin.

“I- I will think on it, Monsieur?” He rasped. “For a bit, will you let me? S’il vous plait?”

One of the boy’s hands lifted, and the tips of his fingers skimmed with tender affection over the vampire’s knuckles. There was a quiet wariness in his touch, as if the boy had still not fully recovered from the shock of his host’s hand about his throat.

But at the vampire’s instruction, the urchin quickly gathered his clothing from where it had been abandoned in a crumpled heap. Fabric was pulled and hauled eagerly into place, where it clung to his oil-slickened skin, leaving him in a look of disarray. The boy's heart was beating so fast, it seemed it might burst from his youthful chest.

“But I can go first to the kitchen, Monsieur? Before we leave? To take some food? It will be late when we return, non?” He asked, with voice crackling with barely contained excitement.

The urchin waited for the vampire’s response, one hand poised upon the handle of the bathroom door. Then, when he was released from his host’s company, he bounded out of the door like an excitable stray mutt. Soon, no doubt, the sound of his heavy tread on stairs would be heard, then across the corridor, followed by doors being thrown open and cupboards energetically raided. It would not take the youth much time to dress, though in what state of said dress he emerged would be another matter entirely.
    Tariq
    Admin

Post  Tariq on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:14 am

Tariq listened for the boy’s subdued replies without turning his eyes to him. His gestures had grown less affable, his bearing more withdrawn after the mishap in the bath that had branded the boy’s throat with a ring of raised skin. However, as Fabien’s clever fingers hesitantly grazed his knuckles, the slope of the vampire’s body changed almost imperceptibly to allow his touch to linger, like a cat leaning into a stroking hand.

“Having you here pleases me,” he said, his voice low in his throat. “To take your blood would be further pleasure. For us both, perhaps.”

His guest’s last question seemed to surprise his host, who blinked before answering with an exhale through his teeth. “Yes, of course. J’oublie. Go and take what you would like.”

He turned away and diverted himself in the completion of the last of his own application of oil that coaxed his skin into gleaming when it caught the light. Not long after the sound of Fabien’s hurried steps faded, the vampire would leave the room and the tub of cooling water with the unconcerned bearing of one who is accustomed to having others tend to his discards.

The boy would finish dressing and already be midway through his raid of the kitchen before the vampire descended the stairs. His hair, curled with damp, had been gathered at the nape of his neck. The thick travelling cloak clasped about his shoulders looked rather like a set of great wings as he ushered his guest out of the house and into the waiting night.

It was late enough that the night could be more accurately described as early morning, although that fact did little to alleviate the thick darkness that painted in every detail of the empty street in charcoal strokes. The night air was cool, a bite of frost nipping at their ankles. The vampire seemed to enjoy the cold and unfurled to his full height as they stepped out into it.

“Ah,” he breathed out a sigh of satisfaction, his pale eyes shining as though to compete with the silvery stars that could only be seen in faint glimmers in the dark sky above. He turned that white gaze to the boy. His smile was rimed with hoarfrost. “Let us walk, Fabien.”
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Fabien was still in the process of energetically stuffing a crust of bread between his jaws, when he moved to follow the vampire towards the door.

The boy’s dark eyes were fixated on his host’s fingers, his heartbeat a wild flutter in his throat as he watched him prepare to unlock the door. He lingered in the vampire’s shadow, shifting his weight from foot to foot with the nervous energy of a caged fox.

It was only when he felt the first exhilarating breath of cold air strike his skin that his movements stilled. The boy’s breath caught in his throat, and he pulled his shirt tight about his neck, the delicate flesh there blushed with bruises. It seemed his thin body had already been trained to appreciate the comfort of warmly lit fires and thick walled rooms.

As the vampire stepped out into the darkness, the urchin lingered at the threshold for a moment, as though suddenly nervous to step beyond the confines of his elegant prison. Then he stepped forward, his movements made clunky by the slightly oversized boots his feet had been strapped into.

The boy progressed away from the house, his eyes wide as he drank in the full expanse the street, the darkness broken by pools of light from the flickering glow of the gas lamps.

The youth maintained his thoughtful quiet, his eyes wide and unblinking, as though lost to memory. But when his host spoke he at once caught the boy’s attention, and the urchin lifted his head to meet his sightless gaze.

“Oui, Monsieur.” He agreed, in a voice that was full of breathless joy.

As they began to move away from the house, the boy sped a single glance over his shoulder, briefly examining the soft light which emanated from the dark rooms.

“It is this way I think, to the river. Non?” He murmured, his fingertips brushing against the vampire’s side as he spoke. There was a spark of confidence in his words, as though boy sought to impress the vampire with his finely tuned knowledge of city streets.

The boy remained quiet as they walked together, his eyes moving with interest over familiar buildings and statues, bone white and still. Often something in particular caught his interest, and he would pause for a time, staring into the murky depths of a dark alleyways or grim looking backstreet.

The city they moved through was quiet and subdued, its stillness broken only by sudden shrieks of braying laughter from the few stray revellers.

The urchin quickly became aware of how the pair drew curious glances from those still awake. How their eyes moved over him, lingering on the strangely fine but ill-fitting clothes which had replaced his dirty rags. Despite this unwanted attention, he maintained an affectionate closeness to the vampire, his fingertips straying now and then to stroke against hand, his arm.

He kept up this happy pace, until a particular street gave the urchin cause to pause again, his limbs growing tense. He moved closer then, his slim limbs against the vampire’s side as though something had frightened him. But whatever it was, he did not draw attention to it. And instead turned to look up at his host again, admiring the way the light caught upon his hair.

“You do not feel the cold, do you Monsieur?” The boy asked softly, pulling the thin coat he had found tighter across his chest.

“Ah, I know this!” He gasped sharply. “It is down this road? I can see the lights on the water from here, and there are the churches... up on the hill.”
    Tariq
    Admin

Post  Tariq on Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:38 pm

Tariq cut a striking figure on the dark street. There was little he could do to obscure the tarnished silver of his eyes or the ghostly glow of his hair against black cloth - but there was a certain slink to his movements that diminished his presence, made it insubstantial as a breath of fog. His feet did not stir the fallen leaves on the stone as they passed. He was conspicuous, but by no means the most interesting oddity ornamenting the gilded night and passersby - whether of their will or his - spared him no more a glance than they would an unusual headstone jutting crookedly from behind a fence.

The delight lodged in Fabien’s reply enticed the vampire’s mouth into a faint smile. “Lead the way,” he agreed with a courtly nod of his head.

He was content to walk in silence with his companion. The soft tap of the cane held loosely in his hand was an amiable guide as the pair meandered. Tariq appeared comfortable and self-assured in the cool air of the black dark, and although his pace slowed when they approached a particularly rough or unpredictable patch of ground, his lack of sight seemed little impediment.

He did not shrink from the occasional press of Fabien’s body against his side. His skin was cool to the touch as though it soaked in the chill air but warmed quickly where the boy laid his hand to it. They were often and quite naturally walking so close that the vampire’s cloak fell over the boy’s shoulder, like he had taken him under a leathery wing.

The vampire did not respond immediately to his companion’s inquiry. He raised his hand, flexing the long fingers in the air as though to test this claim.

“I feel the cold,” he said after a moment’s contemplation. “It is enlivening, is it not? Dusts the dullness of heat from the mind. Allows one to-” He inhaled deeply through his nose, his chest expanding. “-think clearly,” he concluded in a breath. It was a bit uncanny, how he sometimes walked with his eyes closed as though deep in thought.

His withered gaze fell sidelong toward the boy at his side. “Does it disturb you, the cold? I do not mean to starve or to freeze you. I suspect I have been dead too long to always be a considerate host.”

Tariq lifted his sightless gaze where the boy indicated with his breathless observation. “Are there?” he said, and there was a coil of smoky heat to the words. “Then we are nearly there. Tell me what else you see.”
    Fabien

Post  Fabien on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm

The urchin's eyes were wide as he listened to the vampire speak. His gaze lingered briefly on his host's expressive, long-fingered hand, before moving up to find his eyes once more. When the vampire's unseeing gaze met his, the boy's breath caught in his throat.

“Ah, non, I do not mind it so much. It is nice, like you say, to be outside.” He turned his cloudy gaze away, looking once more to the dark surface of water that almost seemed to rise out of the brick built city.

"You are more than considerate, Monsieur, and you have been good to me. I do not want for much.”

The youth lapsed into a thoughtful silence, his pace slow and relaxed as they moved through the streets. But his grey eyes were wide still, reflecting the low light from the street lamps which stood sentinel beside the lazy stretch of water. He paused by the high walled banks, leaning his chest against the stern and unyielding stone wall, and loosed a  contended sigh.

“I see my river. She is sleeping, not so busy at this time. The tall ships docked on the other side of the water look strange, their masts are like black bones.”

He moved forward,  beginning to trace a slow path along the water's edge. He did not stray from the vampire's side, but kept close to him as he spoke,

“And then up there, Monsieur, to the left,  the Great Bridge stands all bright with candlelight. It is quiet now, all the stalls closed up and covered with cloth like sleeping beasts.”

The boy's head turned suddenly, and the muscles beneath his clothing grew tense with excitement. Without thought he pointed ahead, one slender arm indicating towards some  shadowy corner just out of view.

“Ah, and over there!  Where that street meets the other, that is where Jehan and I would- ” The urchin paused, concealing a sharp gasp that passed between his teeth almost like a whimper of pain. His fingers shifted towards his heart, as though some old wound had opened within him.

“The ah, stars are quite clear tonight, Monsieur.” He rasped, hoping to turn quickly from the subject. But it was clear the boy was unsettled, for his heels scuffed at the floor as he walked and his voice was hushed.

Suddenly the boy's heel caught in a loose cobblestone, and his foot half slipped from inside his oversized boot. The youth stumbled forward in an ungainly fashion, losing his balance as his knee grazed the dirty floor beneath him. His jaws clicked together, and the point of one canine tooth caught the fleshy side of the boy's tongue.

“Merde. Clumsy fool.” He sighed, as he brought the back of his hand up to his lips. Blood had already began to pool at the corner of his mouth, and stained his gums a bright and vivid crimson.  

Thankfully, he had been able to save himself from sprawling at the vampire's feet, and he rose unsteadily to his former position. The urchin swept a palm self-consciously over his thighs as he turned his head up towards the vampire. His high cheeks and the tip of his pointed nose had reddened in the crisp night air.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:07 pm